#𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙈𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙨𝙚𝙩 - 𝙄𝙣𝙫𝙤𝙡𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙄'𝙡𝙡 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙣.
This quote, attributed to Benjamin Franklin emphasises exactly how I intend to be as a professional, not just as an Agile Coach.
In the sessions, workshops, retrospectives and training and otherwise that I facilitate, I always aim to involve the attendees rather than have me talking at them.
𝘽𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙄 𝙞𝙣𝙫𝙤𝙡𝙫𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙤𝙥𝙡𝙚 𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚?
- Ask their opinions rather than having a solution in mind. Crowdsource what matters to them and prioritise your content according to their needs.
- Gamify any training / workshops you're leading rather than passive content such as slide decks
- Use icebreakers / energises throughout to keep people engaged
- Ask yourself how you can include the attendees of your meetings more even if you aren't in the same location.
- Ask those who haven't spoken what their thoughts are, be mindful of more dominant voices drowning out others
𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙨 𝙙𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙫𝙤𝙡𝙫𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙢 𝙩𝙤 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙣?