𝙃𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬- We're all locked in echo chambers, continually reinforcing our own beliefs and biases
Social media algorithms, including LinkedIn's are smart. They show us a feed of content based on those we've engaged with, interacted with & followed.
The problem with this is that we're therefore more likely to see content which reinforces our existing biases and beliefs, rather than challenges it.
𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙦𝙪𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨?
- Less exposure to content that counters our own perceptions
- Less debate, healthy conflict & dissent with those we disagree with
- More homogenous thinking and less diversity
- Less impact because we're preaching to the converted
𝙈𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙚𝙠
- What will you do to challenge your own perceptions?
- Who will you speak to outside of your usual echo chamber?
- What events / meet ups can you attend that don't reinforce your usual ways of working?
𝙒𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙
- What non agile events should I attend?
- What non agile people do you follow?
- What non agile books or podcasts should I peruse?